Tips to Design SEO friendly Website
Designing a website can be easy but designing according to Search Engines can be little tedious. It requires a lot of study and research. The very first aspect to be considered before designing a website is planning about a domain registration, hosting package and building the information architecture etc.
Here are certain useful tips which may help you while designing a website:-
- Selecting Domain Names: – Try using widely known web addresses like www. or m. for mobile devices. General public recognizes top domain names like .com, .net and .org. If possible try to obtain these popular domain names for your website. Avoid using dashes in your domain name e.g. kvrwebtech.com against kvr-webtech.com.
- Fast loading website design: – this is the most important thing that every web designer should keep in mind. Everybody hates slow loading websites. No matter you have designed a great looking website but if it takes more than 15 seconds to load few viewers will come back to your website.
- Use of basic color scheme: – Clean web layouts are always pleasing to our eyes and Search Engines. So try using simple and basic user friendly colors that allow person to reader the content on the website comfortably; don’t change colors on every page.
- Clear navigation: – A good web designer ensures that viewers can easily find what they want and this can be done with a clear navigation. Make sure to place important links at prominent places. Many websites display their navigation bar at the top as most people are usually used to this type of navigation. Place menus on the right and the left and try to link to as many pages of your site. Include navigation bar at the bottom of each page so that visitors don’t have to scroll back to the top.
- Avoid using images that blink or move or change or rotate or flash. According to many studies, flashing graphics proved to be distracting and annoying to majority of people.
- Always make use of graphics that fit the content. Avoid using extensive graphics and design elements. Don’t put too many images, backgrounds and colorful fonts on your web page. Keep it simple by using lots of white space.
- Avoid CAPTCHAs that stands for Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart.
- Make sure not to upload broken links on your web server.
Trackback from your site.